Temple Fire sent several fire trucks to reports of a fire at Pignetti's Italian Restaurant Wednesday evening.

It happened just after 5 p.m. and forced the closure of 2nd St. between West Central and West Ave. A.

The first calls came out as fire coming from the roof of the restaurant, but Temple Fire Spokesman, Thomas Pechal, said it was actually just smoke coming from the ventilation system.

The restaurant has a ventilator for its pizza oven.  Pechal said, the ventilator had not been cleaned and heat from the oven caused the residue inside to get too hot.