The City of Temple held its 71st annual Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting Monday night in downtown.
The parade was produced by the City of Temple Parks & Recreation Department and the theme is “Rockin’ around the Christmas Tree.”
According to the city of Temple, the Christmas parade is one of the largest lighted Christmas parades in Texas.
The city recommended spectators to arrive by 6:00 p.m. Guests were able to park on the side streets and walk to Adams Ave. or park in several parking lots along Adams Avenue. The municipal parking lot at City Hall was also available for parking.
Parade Schedule - Monday December 4
- 4 p.m. – 6th and 8th Streets closed for parade entries
- 4:30 p.m. – Come early to get a great seat in the bleachers in front of City Hall, visit the local shops for some early Christmas shopping, or enjoy a leisurely meal in any of our Downtown restaurants.
- 5:45 p.m.– No traffic allowed down Adams Avenue
- 6:15 p.m.- Mayor Danny Dunn will light the Municipal Building's holiday decorations and the City's Christmas tree located in the municipal parking lot of City Hall (2 N. Main Street).
- 6:30 p.m. – Parade begins featuring over 100 illuminated entries.
- Entries featuring community groups and supporters from around Temple.
- Local personalities from around Central Texas on our announcer stands!
- The parade takes approximately 90 minutes to traverse the entire route.
- 7:20 p.m.– Santa begins his trip down the parade route on a specially designed