WACO, Texas -- Baylor soccer begins a three-match home stand Friday with a 7 p.m. CT tilt against TCU at Betty Lou Mays Field. The Bears (10-4-1, 3-1-1) and Horned Frogs (8-2-2, 0-2-1) have played to a tie in each of the last three series meetings.
The match will feature live stats and audio on BaylorBears.com. Twitter updates can be found on the @BaylorFutbol official account.
Fri., Oct. 14 vs. TCU @ 7 p.m.
Betty Lou Mays Field (3,000)
2016 Record: 10-4-1
2016 Big 12 Record: 3-1-1
Head Coach: Paul Jobson
Career: 19-10-5 (2nd season)
BU: 19-10-5 (2nd season)
TCU HORNED FROGS
2016 Record: 8-2-2
2016 Big 12 Record: 0-2-1
Head Coach: Eric Bell
Career: 37-37-16 (5th season)
TCU: 37-37-16 (5th season)
BAYLOR QUICK NOTES
* Baylor is 126-48-23 all-time at home, 56-16-12 under the Jobsons and 4-0-1 in 2016. In their last 10 matches at home the Bears are undefeated with an 8-0-2 mark (last loss was 2-1 vs. Michigan State on Aug. 25, 2015).
* Baylor reached the 10-win plateau for the fifth time in the last seven years and 10th time in 21 seasons as a program.
* Baylor reached the four-win plateau in Big 12 play for the second straight season, fifth time in the last seven seasons and 11th time in 21 seasons as a program.
* Baylor is undefeated in 23 of its last 29 matches, dating back to the 2015 season.
* Baylor is 6-4-0 on the road in 2016 and went 3-1-0 on its recent four-match road trip.
* Against NSCAA ranked opponents, Baylor is 3-7-5 since 2012 (prior to win at No. 22 Oklahoma Oct. 7, BU’s last win over a ranked opponent was at No. 23 BYU, 2-1, Sept. 1, 2014), 3-16-6 under the Jobsons, 12-57-7 since the program started in 1996 and 1-1-0 in 2016.
* Baylor has 48 shutouts over the last four seasons (seven in 2016).
* Baylor is 38-2-3 when scoring first since 2013.
* Among NCAA leaders, Baylor ranks 16th in goals against average (0.583), 24th in assists (29), 38th in points (83), 51st in goals (27) and 52nd in shutout percentage (0.467).
* Among Big 12 leaders, Baylor is second in points, third in goals against average, shots on goal per game (7.13), shutout percentage, assists and goals, and fourth in goals per game (1.80).
* Among individual leaders, sophomore forward Lauren Piercy ranks fifth in the NCAA in game-winning goals (5, first in Big 12) and 136th in goals (6, fourth in Big 12). Junior goalkeeper Sara Martinson ranks 25th in goals against average (0.609, third in Big 12) and 46th in shutouts (5, second in Big 12). Sophomore midfielders Julie James and Sarah King rank 81st in assists (5, third in Big 12).
* Baylor holds large edges over its foes in goals (27-9), shots (220-106), shots on goal (107-39) and corners (79-60).
* Freshman forward Raegan Padgett was named to TopDrawerSoccer.com’s Midseason Top 100 Freshmen list.
* King added her fifth assist of the season Oct. 7 at No. 22 Oklahoma and 15th of her career as she now ranks tied for sixth all-time at Baylor in career assists.
* Martinson earned her ninth win of the season and 18th of her career Oct. 9 at Texas Tech. Her season win total is now one ahead of her total from 2015, which ranks 10th all-time at Baylor. Her career win total is now fifth all-time at BU.
* Martinson posted her fifth shutout of the season and 10th of her career Oct. 9 at Texas Tech. Her season total is tied with her 2015 total, which ranks tied for 10th all-time at BU, while her career total is tied for fourth all-time in program history.