UPDATE: Sept. 13, 2013 -- The family of Cameron Espinosa has gotten a lawyer.
Cameron died after days of being bitten multiple times from fire ants.
(KCEN) -- An 8th grade football player from Corpus Christi who had an allergic reaction to fire ant bites while on the field has died.
Cameron Espinosa was in the middle of a halftime huddle last Thursday when he started screaming.
Apparently, the young teen had a severe allergic reaction after being bitten on the stomach and legs by the ants.
The reaction was so severe, he lost consciousness twice before medics could arrive.
All athletic activities at the Haas School District near Corpus Christi have been canceled until the field is treated for fire ants.