TEMPLE - I-35 will close in both directions in Temple beginning at 7 p.m. Wednesday and lasting until 7 a.m. Thursday. The closure is due to bridge construction over the Lampasas Crossing of the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad.
The Texas Department of Transportation urges drivers to obey all traffic-warning devices and to also expect long delays throughout the day. Drivers are also urged to take alternate routes.
Northbound Closure/Alternate Route:
- NB mainlanes close at S. Loop 363
- NB Traffic will be detoured off I-35 at Exit 300 to the Northbound Frontage Road
- NB traffic will reenter I-35 at Central Ave.
Southbound Closure/Alternate Route:
- SB mainlanes close at Nugent Ave.
- SB Traffic will be detoured off I-35 at Exit 302
- SB traffic will reenter I-35 at Bird Creek Shopping Center before S. Loop 363
© 2017 KCEN-TV