TEMPLE - Temple police are investigating several reports of package theft.
According to police, since October 20th, seven reports of packages being stolen from resident’s front porches. In many of the cases, the theft occurred between noon and 3 p.m.
A white male and a Hispanic male were seen driving either a gray older model four dour Cadillac, White Astro Van with a tire mounted on the back or a White Jeep with an unknown magnetic sign on the back.
The white male is approximately 5’10”, 35-years-old, bald with tattoos on his legs. No further details were released on the Hispanic male.
Temple Police Officer Joe Thomas said they are on the lookout for these people.
"The media release, the whole purpose behind it was to get the community involved," he said. "So they can pay attention to who's driving through their neighborhoods, who's looking at their houses, who's walking up to their houses."
The following areas of Temple were affected:
The areas of town affected currently:
- 6400 and 6600 blocks of Springwood Court
- 2700 and 4100 blocks of Michaels Drive
- 3900 block of Mariam Drive
- S 31st St and Warwicke Drive
- 3900 block of Lark Trail.
Temple police recommends the following tips for families to protect themselves and their belongings:
- Have your packages delivered to your office
- Have your packages delivered to a neighbor who is home
- Request signed confirmation upon delivery
- If you are going out of town for an extended period of time contact your post office and have delivery of mail and packages suspended
Temple PD also said for resident’s to be aware of who is driving in their neighborhood and to call police if they see something strange.
(© 2017 KCEN)