AUSTIN - A man who's last known address was in Waco is on Texas' 10 Most Wanted Sex Offenders list.
The Texas Department of Public Safety put out an alert Thursday for Monroe Hernandez, 49, and offered a $3,000 reward. Waco Crime Stoppers were also offering a reward.
Hernandez is wanted for parole violation and failure to comply with sex offender registration requirements.
Hernandez was convicted in 1993 of sexually assaulting a woman McLennan County.
His criminal history also includes possession of cocaine and multiple DWIs.
Hernandez is 5' 5'' tall and weighs approximately 180 pounds. He has tattoos on his chest, left hand and both legs. Hernandez may be using an alias.
Texas Crime Stoppers, which is funded by the Governor’s Criminal Justice Division, offers cash rewards to any person who provides information that leads to the arrest of one of the Texas 10 Most Wanted fugitives or sex offenders.
To be eligible for the cash rewards, tipsters must provide information to authorities using one of the five following methods:
• Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
• Text the letters “DPS” – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
• Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
• Submit a Facebook tip by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
• Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App. The app is currently available for iPhone users on the Apple App Store: and for Android users on Google Play.
© 2017 KCEN-TV