(KCEN) -- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is taking the blame for the deadly assault on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya.
The attack killed Chris Stevens, the U.S. Ambassador to Libya, and three other Americans at the consulate on September 11.
In an interview yesterday with CNN, Clinton said the President is not responsible for what happened in Libya and people should blame her.
Clinton said, "I take responsibility. I'm in charge of the State Department, 60,000-plus people all over the world, 275 posts. The President and the Vice President certainly wouldn't be knowledgeable about specific decisions that are made by security professionals."
Clinton says an investigation now under way that will determine exactly what happened.
The Obama administration has been criticized since Vice President Joe Biden said the White House did not know of any requests to enhance security at Benghazi.
That contradicted testimony by State Department employees who said requests had been made but were rejected.