Neighbor Saves Toddler From Burning House in North Texas
(KCEN) -- A fast-thinking neighbor used a golf club and a teddy bear to rescue a two-year-old boy from a house fire in north Texas.
It happened on Tuesday night in Richardson.
That's where neighbor Troy Richards saw the smoke and realized a toddler was inside.
So he literally swung into action, breaking the window to get inside.
Richards said, "It was really very dense smoke. And I looked down and there was the baby's teddy bear and I used that to cover my nose and mouth to filter the smoke out so I could stay in longer and found him and brought him out."
At first the child wasn't breathing, but caught his breath after a couple of minutes.
And the child's parents are grateful this hero was there to brave the smoke and save their son.