Lawsuit Brewing After Hasan is Shaved - kcentv.com - KCEN HD - Waco, Temple, and Killeen

Lawsuit Brewing After Hasan is Shaved

Posted: Updated:

(KCEN) -- A lawsuit may be in the works after Fort Hood gunman Nidal Hasan's beard was forcibly shaved on death row.

John Galligan is the local civil attorney who met with Hasan several times during his trial.

He's expected to have a phone conference with Hasan on September 23.

It will be the first time since the trial they've been allowed to speak together.

Galligan called the act of forcibly shaving Hasan vindictive and discriminatory.

Hasan was allowed to keep his beard during his trial after he told a military judge it was part of his Muslim faith.

But, in keeping with military rules, Hasan was shaved when he arrived on death row at Fort Leavenworth last week.

Protocol also requires the shaving to be video recorded.

Galligan says he also needs to talk to Hasan about several other issues when they're finally allowed to speak later on this month.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KCEN, Owned and Operated by London Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.