Fort Hood Shooter Nidal Hasan Dishonorably Discharged, No Longer - kcentv.com - KCEN HD - Waco, Temple, and Killeen

Fort Hood Shooter Nidal Hasan Dishonorably Discharged, No Longer Major

Posted: Updated:

(KXAS) -- Fort Hood shooter Nidal Hasan has been dishonorably discharged from the United States Army, according to military officials.

KXAS spoke with Chris Haug, Chief of Media Relations at Fort Hood.

Haug said, according to the Senior Judge Advocate General at Fort Hood, Hasan is "no longer a military serviceman. He has no rank and is dishonorably discharged from the Army" following his court martial and sentencing for the mass shooting at Fort Hood in 2009.

Haug said going forward, Hasan will be called simply "inmate Nidal Hasan" at the United States Disciplinary Barracks at Fort Leavenworth in Kansas.

Haug detailed that it will technically take some time until the paperwork is signed removing Hasan from the Army's ranks. But Haug said the order will eventually be signed and backdated to the date of conviction, effectively removing Hasan from the Army as of his conviction date.

A military panel also ordered that Hasan be stripped of his military pay. However that order will not take effect until place 14 days following his sentencing. Hasan will continue to receive his full military salary until Sept. 10.

 

  • Latest NewsMore>>

  • Islamic State Releases Video Depicting Another Beheading

    Islamic State Releases Video Depicting Another Beheading

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 1:47 PM EDT2014-09-02 17:47:07 GMT
    The terror group Islamic State released a video Tuesday apparently depicting the beheading of American journalist Steven Sotloff.Sotloff, kneeling, says he is "paying the price" for the U.S. intervention in Iraq with his life."You've spent billions of U.S. tax payers dollars and we've lost thousands of our troops in our previous fighting against the Islamic State," Sotfloff says. "So where is the people's interest in reigniting this war?"Moments later, a man dressed in black bl...More >>
    The terror group Islamic State released a video Tuesday apparently depicting the beheading of American journalist Steven Sotloff.Sotloff, kneeling, says he is "paying the price" for the U.S. intervention in Iraq with his life."You've spent billions of U.S. tax payers dollars and we've lost thousands of our troops in our previous fighting against the Islamic State," Sotfloff says. "So where is the people's interest in reigniting this war?"Moments later, a man dressed in black bl...More >>
  • Hewitt Woman's Body Found Days After Crash in Falls County

    Hewitt Woman's Body Found Days After Crash in Falls County

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 1:22 PM EDT2014-09-02 17:22:12 GMT
    A Hewitt woman's body was found on Monday night...More >>
    A Hewitt woman's body was found on Monday night...More >>
  • Prosecutors: Man Accused of Kaufman Killings had More Targets

    Prosecutors: Man Accused of Kaufman Killings had More Targets

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 1:03 PM EDT2014-09-02 17:03:39 GMT
    Eric Williams, the disbarred justice of the peace accused in last year's Kaufman County prosecutor slayings, had other targets that he wanted to assassinate, prosecutors revealed for the first time Tuesday...More >>
    Eric Williams, the disbarred justice of the peace accused in last year's Kaufman County prosecutor slayings, had other targets that he wanted to assassinate, prosecutors revealed for the first time Tuesday...More >>
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KCEN. All Rights Reserved. Users of this site agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights, and Ad Choices.