Two Boys Hurt When Wind Blows Bounce House 20 Feet in Air - kcentv.com - KCEN HD - Waco, Temple, and Killeen

Two Boys Hurt When Wind Blows Bounce House 20 Feet in Air

Posted: Updated:
NBC/COURTESY OF EMILY BOUCHER VIA POSTSTAR.COM NBC/COURTESY OF EMILY BOUCHER VIA POSTSTAR.COM

(NBC News) -- Two little boys are hospitalized after falling about 20 feet when a strong wind swept their backyard bounce house into the air in upstate New York.

The small inflatable was staked to the ground when a gust suddenly uprooted it Monday afternoon, South Glens Falls Police said.

A third child, a 10-year-old girl, also was inside the bounce house but only suffered scrapes and a minor injury to her shoulder, her family told NBC affiliate WNYT.

“It was like a horror movie,” Taylor Seymour, the sister of the injured girl, told the Glens Falls Post-Star. “It just kept going up and up. It cleared our building and the trees.”

A 6-year-old boy tumbled out and landed in the street. A 5-year-old ended up in an apartment building parking lot.

"He hit his head on the back of my car and then he fell to the ground," Seymour said of the 5-year-old.

Both were in serious condition when they were airlifted to Albany Medical Center, police said. Their names and injuries were not released.

"Although the investigation is continuing, the incident is considered a tragic accident and no charges are pending," police said.

WNYT reported that after the boys fell out, the bounce house continued to float in the air, eventually landing in the field behind a local school.

Neighbors told WNYT that the man who owned the bounce house felt terrible about what happened. His children were not the ones playing on it at the time.

"I actually watched the fellow that put it up and he staked it and he did everything correctly," Stephanie Hansen, who called 911, told the station. "All the kids were having fun until they screamed to me to come down and I saw that."

  • Latest NewsMore>>

  • Walmart Ice Cream Sandwich Left in Sun, Doesn't Melt

    Walmart Ice Cream Sandwich Left in Sun, Doesn't Melt

    Tuesday, July 29 2014 2:46 PM EDT2014-07-29 18:46:35 GMT
    (KHOU) -- A viral video has been making the rounds around the web, as it shows a man leaving a Walmart "Great Value" brand ice-cream sandwich out in the sun for over an hour. The man in the video says he heard a woman in Cincinnati accidentally left out her ice cream sandwich in the sun, only to find it virtually unchanged.In this video, the man examines the ice cream sandwich after 20 minutes, 35 minutes and 60 minutes in direct sunlight. At 60 minutes, the only visible change is a clear, op...More >>
    (KHOU) -- A viral video has been making the rounds around the web, as it shows a man leaving a Walmart "Great Value" brand ice-cream sandwich out in the sun for over an hour. The man in the video says he heard a woman in Cincinnati accidentally left out her ice cream sandwich in the sun, only to find it virtually unchanged.In this video, the man examines the ice cream sandwich after 20 minutes, 35 minutes and 60 minutes in direct sunlight. At 60 minutes, the only visible change is a clear, op...More >>
  • Two Killed, Several Injured in Accident East of Marlin

    Two Killed, Several Injured in Accident East of Marlin

    Tuesday, July 29 2014 2:33 PM EDT2014-07-29 18:33:06 GMT
    Police and rescue crews have been called to the scene of a fatal accident on Highway 7 East of Marlin. More >>
    Police and rescue crews have been called to the scene of a fatal accident on Highway 7 East of Marlin. More >>
  • Surgeon General: Stop Tanning and Save Your Skin

    Surgeon General: Stop Tanning and Save Your Skin

    Tuesday, July 29 2014 2:10 PM EDT2014-07-29 18:10:55 GMT
    Those of you tanning or burning your skin this summer should stop — seek the shade, wear a hat and some sunscreen and, whatever you do, stay out of indoor tanning salons. It's a familiar skin-cancer prevention message, but it's coming from a new source: the office of the U.S. Surgeon General.The call to action from acting Surgeon General Boris Lushniak, released Tuesday, says that skin cancer is a "major public health problem" and that too much exposure to indoor and outdoor ul...More >>
    Those of you tanning or burning your skin this summer should stop — seek the shade, wear a hat and some sunscreen and, whatever you do, stay out of indoor tanning salons. It's a familiar skin-cancer prevention message, but it's coming from a new source: the office of the U.S. Surgeon General.The call to action from acting Surgeon General Boris Lushniak, released Tuesday, says that skin cancer is a "major public health problem" and that too much exposure to indoor and outdoor ul...More >>
Click for Local Doppler Radar
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KCEN. All Rights Reserved. Users of this site agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights, and Ad Choices.