Build on Five Workplace Principles to Create Positive Culture and Morale - kcentv.com - KCEN HD - Waco, Temple, and Killeen

Build on Five Workplace Principles to Create Positive Culture and Morale

Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact pressreleases@worldnow.com.

SOURCE Lockton

Lockton report highlights importance of culture and morale for employee productivity

KANSAS CITY, Mo., June 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The roles of culture and morale in the workplace are increasingly recognized for their influence on organizational effectiveness and company performance. Not only are these characteristics part of the foundation for successful companies, but they are also fundamental in creating happy, productive employees.

Lockton logo.

In his recent report, "Bring Out the Best in Your People," Dr. Charlie Cartwright of Lockton discusses the importance of positive culture and morale and how to create them in one's company. He points to a 2013 Gallup study that concluded only 30 percent of the workforce is engaged in their job, with the other 70 percent either not engaged or actively disengaged. Not only is low engagement bad for employee productivity, but it can also cost businesses a substantial amount of money in things like recruitment costs, training, overtime, and litigation.

Cartwright includes tips on how to bring out the best in employees and offers five key principles that create a culture of positivity and excitement in a company. In addition to being fair, warm, courteous, and trustworthy, he suggests supervisors maintain a consistent level of intensity when offering feedback. The balance of energy helps maintain a constructive, ongoing dialogue that can contribute greatly to employees' overall sense of value, commitment, and positive morale.

"When culture and morale are low in a company, employee performance stalls, their health suffers, productivity plummets, and worker's compensation claims jump significantly," said Cartwright. "The best way to avoid those outcomes is by focusing on good leadership and bringing out the best in employees."

According to Cartwright, the most common reason people quit their job is because of an unpleasant boss or supervisor. To avoid strained relationships, he suggests those who supervise others should invest in each and every employee by listening to thoughts, considering ideas, and providing meaningful opportunities for growth and development.

By aligning culture, business success, and employee morale, companies can be well on their way to a positive, successful environment.

About Lockton
More than 5,000 professionals at Lockton provide 35,000 clients around the world with risk management, insurance, and employee benefits consulting services that improve their businesses. From its founding in 1966 in Kansas City, Missouri, Lockton has attracted entrepreneurial professionals who have driven its growth to become the largest privately held insurance broker in the world and 9th largest overall. Independent researcher Greenwich Associates has awarded Lockton its Service Excellence Award for risk management for large companies. For five consecutive years, Business Insurance has recognized Lockton as a "Best Place to Work in Insurance." To see the latest insights from Lockton's experts, check Lockton Market Update.

Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20090415/CG99351LOGO

©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KCEN. All Rights Reserved. Users of this site agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights, and Ad Choices.