CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — The Padre Island National Seashore division of Sea Turtle Science and Recovery released dozens of Kemp's Ridley Sea Turtle hatchlings into the Gulf of Mexico Sunday morning.
This was supposed to the park's first public release since the pandemic but had to call it off last week.
The group did provide some video of the hatchlings heading out on their adventures at sea.
The park is expected to hold at least five public releases the Malaquite Visitor Center.
Here are the dates:
- July 10,11,23,24
- August 4,5,6
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Corpus Christi PD: Officer shoots man during struggle after alleged catalytic converter theft attempt
- Lucky fisherman reels in two tagged red fishes as part of the CCA tournament
- No fireworks allowed, but you might see some light shows courtesy of bioluminescence at Padre Island National Seashore
- Dia De Los Muertos festival is back for 2021
- Texas leads nation in deaths caused by teen drivers
- Ages 12 and older can now get the COVID-19 vaccine in Nueces County. Here's what you need to know.