DALLAS — Texas grocer H-E-B has grown its popularity – and, quite frankly, its cult-like following – throughout the Lone Star State since opening its first store in Kerrville back in 1905.
But for most of the 100-plus years of the store's existence, the allure of H-E-B has seemingly eluded the likes of North Texans. In Central and South Texas, you can find stores within miles of each other.
In the DFW area, you'd have to drive to the outskirts of the southern and western ends of the metroplex.
But it seems like those days are coming to a close. H-E-B is starting to expand its roots into North Texas with land purchases and new store announcements becoming more common.
Granted, even if H-E-B sites all become stores, they still won't have as many as Kroger, Tom Thumb, Albertsons and Walmart, the longtime top grocery chains in North Texas. Trader Joe's has also expanded across North Texas in recent years, along with Austin-founded Whole Foods.
But with H-E-B making a move into the area, we wanted to break down where there are already store locations and where more are coming.
Here is a running list:
- Plano H-E-B
- 6001 Preston Rd., Suite 100, Plano, Texas 75093
- Frisco H-E-B
- 4800 Main St., Frisco, Texas 75033
- Waxahachie H-E-B
- 800 Hwy. 77, Waxahachie, Texas, 75165
- Ennis H-E-B
- 101 S. Clay St., Ennis, Texas, 75119
- Burleson H-E-B Plus!
- 165 N.W. John Jones Dr., Burleson, Texas, 76208
- Corsicana H-E-B
- 201 S. 15th St., Corsicana, Texas, 75110
- Cleburne H-E-B
- 600 W. Henderson, Cleburne, Texas, 76033
- Granbury H-E-B
- 3804 U.S. Hwy. 377, Granbury, Texas, 76049
- Hudson Oaks H-E-B
- 100 Hudson Oaks Dr., Hudson Oaks, Texas, 76087
Stores coming soon
- Allen – E. Exchange Parkway and N. Greenville Avenue (expected to open late 2023)
- McKinney – northeast corner of Custer Road and Eldorado Parkway (expected to open late 2023)
- Plano – Spring Creek Parkway and Preston Road
- Mansfield – corner of U.S. 287 and East Broad Street (groundbreaking is Friday, Feb. 3, 2023)
- Fort Worth – "H-E-B Alliance" at northwest corner of Heritage Trace Parkway and N. Riverside Drive (groundbreaking will be held on Nov. 16; expected to open in 2024)
- Frisco – U.S. 380 and FM 423 (groundbreaking will be held in June 2023; tentative opening date is set for 2024)
Other H-E-B land purchases, but not confirmed yet to be stores
Here are other addresses in the DFW metroplex where H-E-B has purchased land, according to deed records:
- 4101 W. Wheatland Rd. (Dallas)
- 632 N. Beckley (Dallas)
- 5204 S. Buckner Blvd. (Dallas)
- 845 Interstate-35E (DeSoto)
- 3927 Bowser (Dallas)
- 700 Farm Road 544 (Murphy)
- 6325 W. Bailey Boswell Rd. (Fort Worth)
- 200 E. Bonds Ranch Rd. (Fort Worth)
- 6599 McCart Ave. (Fort Worth)
- 8600 Quail Valley Dr. (Fort Worth)
- 9200 Legacy Dr. (Frisco)
- 2210 W. University Dr. (Denton)
- Cheek-Sparger Road and Heritage Avenue (Euless)
- Frontier Parkway and the Dallas North Tollway (Prosper)
- Southwest corner of I-30 and John King Boulevard (Rockwall)
- F.M. 548 and F.M. 1641 (Forney)
- Intersection of U.S. Hwy. 75 and Texas 121 (next to Buc-ee's) (Melissa)
- Southeast corner of Preston Road at the intersection with the Outer Loop (Celina)
More Texas headlines: