PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. — One second-grader in Florida gave her new Bahamian classmate a warm welcome.
The student at Allamanda Elementary School in Palm Beach Gardens made her new classmate a homemade sign to make sure he felt accepted.
The School District of Palm Beach posted a photo of the two holding a sign that reads “welcome to America” on their Facebook page.
The school district asked people to help them reach their goal of raising $100,000 for the Red Cross to help the Bahamas.
What other people are reading right now:
- Video: Restaurant uses hose to spray 10News reporter with water during health inspection questions
- Invest95-L could be a rainmaker for parts of Florida this weekend
- Florida Man Radio debuts in Orlando
- Rare Friday the 13th full moon to appear this week
- Police: 5 people hurt, one person arrested after stabbing in Tallahassee
- 'It looked like an apocalypse': Couple survives Dorian in Bahamas
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter