TEXAS, USA — KCEN Channel 6 and H-E-B have teamed up again to collect toys for military children as part of our Camo Santa Toy Drive.
What is Camo Santa?
Camo Santa is a toy drive for the children of the men and women who sacrifice their lives for our freedoms. It was created to make Christmases for children of soldiers who may be having a financial hardship.
How it works
Parents browse aisles of donated goodies at the Fort Hood Santa's Workshop -- a nonprofit organization aimed at helping military families in need -- and pick out toys, games, book and even bikes for their children at no cost to the family.
How you can help
Anyone can drop off new, unwrapped toys, books, games or G-rated DVDs for children 6 months to 12 years old Nov. 30-Dec. 20 at any Central Texas H-E-B store or the KCEN Channel 6 News studio at 215 N. 3rd St. in Temple.
If you cannot donate toys but still want to help, you can make a financial contribution. Monetary donations can also be made in person at the Channel 6 studio.
Our news team will make appearances at several Central Texas H-E-B locations during Texas Today from 5 a.m. to 7 a.m. Monday-Friday, and in the evenings during our 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. newscasts. Here's where you can catch our crew:
H-E-B Copperas Cove
H-E-B Stan Schlueter
H-E-B Harker Heights
H-E-B Temple Market Place
H-E-B Wooded Acres
H-E-B Valley Mills
Popular on KCENTV.com:
- 'Her arms were as thin as the bones in them': Waco grandmother arrested for child endangerment
- DNA testing ordered in disappearance of UFC fighter's stepdaughter
- 'If you're into good music, you knew my dad' | Remembering local music icon Tony Calhoun
- A $100 Kohl's anniversary coupon spreading online is a fake
- Killeen approves new city manager