April 15 is close upon us, and if you've procrastinated on filing your taxes, the folks over at ABC News have some tips for you.
The date varies for some other residents of the country, but for Texans, the tax filing deadline is still Monday, April 15.
The IRS released some helpful information on how to file if you haven't already, as reported by ABC News.
"Information about free e-file options, such as IRS FreeFile, how to request an automatic six-month filing extension or fast, secure ways to pay any tax due using IRS Direct Pay are available online at IRS.gov," ABC reported from an IRS press release.
In addition, if you still need tax help, you can get it for free. If your income is $66,000 or less, FreeFile and IRS.gov offers free tax preparation software.
If you need more time, you can file for an extension to Oct. 15. This isn't a guarantee, though. Find out more at IRS.gov.
- White House: Congress not smart enough to assess Trump taxes
- Inside Texas Politics (4/14/19)
- 10 tax day food freebies and deals for 2019, plus five sales to help you get more out of a refund
- Here Are Some Options To Consider Before Tax Day
- Your chances of an audit are worse than being a game show contestant