LAKEWOOD, Ohio — Editor's Note: The above video aired as part of a previous story
An 18-year-old Cleveland man is in custody and facing charges for his role in the shooting that took place at Lakewood's Madison Park on Tuesday.
Corey M. Froberg was charged Thursday with Complicity to Attempted Murder, a first-degree felony. He is currently in police custody and being held on a $250,000 cash bond.
Froberg's initial appearance in court has yet to be scheduled.
Witnesses told police an 18-year-old got into some sort of altercation on the south side of Madison Park before being shot twice in the chest around 6:47 p.m. on Tuesday. He was rushed to MetroHealth Medical Center and taken into surgery, and his exact condition is unknown.
Police say Froberg’s vehicle, which is believed to have played a role in shooting, was located after apparently having been abandoned in Cleveland. The vehicle is now in the custody of the Lakewood Police Department and will be thoroughly examined for forensic evidence.
The Lakewood Police Department says it is continuing to pursue other leads in this case, as well as working toward identifying other possible suspects.
"This gun violence is happening in our region, in our state and nationally," Lakewood Mayor Meghan George told 3News Thursday, adding she attributes the increase in her city to the pandemic. "You see people lose their jobs, lose their homes, haven't had access to mental health services, and combine that with easy access to guns, you have what is happening now."
The incident remains under investigation.
- Cleveland police fatally shoot man who they say brandished gun while being pursued
- Bodycam footage details the moment a Cleveland police officer shot and killed an armed suspect
- Man shot by DEA agent on Cleveland's east side; officials claim weapon was 'brandished'
- US Marshals arrest man wanted for assault, trying to run-over Euclid police officer
- Local man sentenced to 28 years in prison for the shooting death of 1, assaulting of 2 others during 4th of July party
Editor's Note: The below video from a different incident is from a previous story