BELL COUNTY, Texas — A man and woman were arrested Tuesday during a drug investigation in Temple.
Desmond Evon Wilkerson, 26, and Katelyn Olivia Nicole Tolbert, 24, were charged with possession of marijuana over 5 pounds.
Police said the duo was selling large amounts of high-grade marijuana.
About 9 pounds of the drug, which is worth around $40,000, and $24,000 was confiscated. Wilkerson and Tolbert were taken to the Bell County Jail. They were later released after posting bonds of $100,000.
The investigation is ongoing and future charges and arrests are possible, investigators said.
Popular on KCENTV.com:
- She attacked her lover with a hammer so he shot the TSTC student to death with a shotgun, affidavit says
- Controversial video showing mom hitting child with belt at a Beaumont elementary school prompts investigation
- Renovations wrapping up at Lampasas Keystone Hotel
- Hundreds fill H-E-B baskets with Thanksgiving groceries for local food banks
- Mob of KISD students caught on camera brawling in middle of Killeen street
- Burnout: It’s more than just having a bad day