WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Winston-Salem police arrested three women following reports of Elder abuse at the Danby House Assisted Living facility back in June. They said the women were allowing elderly residents to fight each other.
Investigators said the employees encouraged the fighting and one employee physically assaulted a resident by shoving them. No injuries were reported.
Police said Marilyn Latish McKey, Tonacia Yvonne Tyson and Taneshia Deshawn Jordan were all working in patient care roles for the Danby House at the time of the incident.
All three were charged with Assault on an Individual with a Disability.
- Protect Mom And Dad From Elder Abuse
- Nursing Home Assistants Accused of Slapping, Throwing Blind Patient
- Caregiving 101: Who to Call to Report Elder Abuse
The new WFMY News 2 phone and tablet app boasts a modernized look and feel—download now.
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured, 3 of Them Critical, and 2 Charged With Murder in Greensboro SUV Assault at a Gas Station
- Deadly Construction Collapse of Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans
- Gunman opens fire at church wedding ceremony in New Hampshire, 2 people shot
- Texas police officer kills woman inside her own home, officials say