The Killeen Independent School Continued Learning Center is scheduled to go live Wednesday with a variety of online platforms and remote teacher support, according to Killeen ISD.
The goal is to blend a combination of platforms to continue elementary and secondary student learning while schools are closed due to the coronavirus.
Hard copy take-home packets will also be available to elementary families without digital accessibility. Packets will be available from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at students’ individual campuses. Families will return the packets on Monday, March 30 from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
According to Killeen ISD, virtual training for teachers is ongoing and parents received an explanation on how to use the online system Monday night.
Links through the KISD Continued Learning Center website will provide access to grade-level specific content, activities, resources, counseling and technology support.
Similarly, Copperas Cove has been providing in-home instruction to students since March 17, according to communications director Wendy Sledd. The school district has started signing out laptops and iPads for students who need a device at home.
They also offer a "low-tech" option where students can pick up learning packets at every campus Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Temple Independent school district asl released a weekly update on how they are moving forward with online learning. Those updates are as follows:
- We will continue to seek the guidance of local and county officials as to decisions beyond that point.
- We will begin virtual board meetings.
- This information will be included in the posting notices.
- Electrostatic sprayers, EPA standard disinfectants and hospital-grade cleaning supplies are being used to thoroughly clean all district facilities.
- Please make sure to check our COVID-19 Response Page, TISD social media, and the Skylert system for additional school district updates.
- Remote Learning began yesterday for all students in grades PK-12.
- Learning options are available both online and hard copy.
- We are making adjustments to these options based on your feedback.
- Hard copy packets can be picked up and dropped off on Monday and Tuesday.
- If you are looking for WiFi options, please click HERE for a state-wide list provided by the Texas Education Agency.
- Our strength and conditioning coach has provided daily workout routines to help students stay active during this time. Click HERE to access.
- FREE meals are available for all children under 18.
- On Friday, TISD will begin providing weekend meal pickup at our current meal sites. Pick them up during breakfast or lunchtime on Fridays. Starting Monday, all elementary campuses will begin to provide breakfast/lunch grab and go meals.
Also on KCENTV.com: