CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Editor's Note: The last day for testing will be Thursday, August 12, not the 13 as previously reported.
The Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District will begin drive-thru COVID-19 testing at the old Christus Spohn Hospital Memorial site beginning Monday, August 9 through Thursday, August 12.
The testing site is located at 2606 Hospital Boulevard and testing will take place from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
“As Covid-19 cases are rapidly increasing in Nueces County, more people are searching for trusted places to get tested. The Health District will begin testing for our community this week,” said Corpus Christi-Nueces Public Health District Director Annette Rodriguez.
Registration is not required, but the health district encourages residents to do so to help the process run smoothly.
To register online, click here. You can also register by phone, just call 361-826-7200 and select ‘option 2.’
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
- Recent survey says Corpus Christi is a 'hidden gem' for vacationing
- Surge in COVID-19 cases leads to hospital bed shortage in Kleberg County, disaster declaration issued
- Study shows 66% of school-age kids do not have COVID-19 immunity
- Widow details husband's death after not seeking treatment for COVID-19
- Man with COVID-19 was 'intentionally breathing on vulnerable family members,' assaulted woman and led police on chase, Aransas Pass PD says