WACO, Texas — Editor's note: The video above talks about the increased need for goods the Central Texas Food Bank has seen as the coronavirus has left people unemployed.
Caritas of Waco Food Pantry is temporarily changing its operating schedule starting March 27.
The food pantry is moving to a Monday through Thursday schedule and will be closed on Fridays. The organization will continue to distribute food using a drive-through system from 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.
A press release from the organization indicated that guidelines for receiving food remain unchanged, meaning families may still receive food assistance once a month. Meanwhile, the homeless population may be served once a week.
Recipients are asked to remain in their vehicles unless directed otherwise and staff will come out and place food in the trunk of a car or in a truck bed.
Also on KCENTV.com
- President Trump approves Gov. Abbott's COVID-19 disaster declaration, federal assistance request for Texas
- Central Texas COVID-19 live updates | Fort Hood sending mobile hospital unit to help with New York outbreak
- Staying active while stuck at home
- VERIFY: Fake Text messages impersonating banks, talking about government checks and how to spot them
- Caritas of Waco changes food distribution system in response to coronavirus