Drivers should expect more changes on Copperas Cove roads beginning Wednesday as a new phase starts construction.
The city began the Downtown Revitalization Project on January 16 and it was divided into three phases.
Officials said construction would be completed as follows: Phase III first, followed by Phase I and lastly Phase II:
- Phase I – Avenue D, between 1st Street and Main Street
- Phase II – Avenue D, between Main Street and 2nd Street
- Phase II – Avenue D, between 3rd Street and 1st Street
A decision has been made to temporarily close the eastbound lane of traffic on Avenue D, between 1st Street and Main Street starting Wednesday April 26 and anticipated to last through June 15, 2017.
The following detour will be established around the construction site:
- Drivers traveling east on Avenue D must either turn north or south onto 1st Street
- Drivers traveling north or south on 1st Street will not be permitted to turn east onto Avenue D
Officials encourages the public to use caution while traveling in and around the construction site.