There have been two confirmed coronavirus-related deaths at two different food processing plants in Kentucky, according to the Kentucky Department for Public Health (DPH).
The health department has been working with the companies to test all its employees at five different facilities.
Thursday, DPH released information about the deaths and the number of positive cases:
- JBS USA, in Jefferson County, had one death and 57 employees who tested positive.
- Perdue Farms in Ohio County had one death and 181 employees who tested positive.
- Specialty Food Group, Daviess County had 33 employees who tested positive.
- Tyson Foods (Lake Cumberland) in Lincoln County had two employees who tested positive
- Tyson Foods (Green River) in Henderson County had 93 employees who tested positive
The Kentucky Department of Agriculture released a statement regarding the recent deaths at JBS and Perdue processing plants :
The Kentucky Department of Agriculture’s thoughts and prayers are with the family of this Kentuckian. So many Kentuckians have been affected by this crisis. As a state agency, we will continue our work with partners to advocate for the appropriate resources for workers, like testing and personal protective equipment. - Sean Southard, Kentucky Department of Agriculture
Other stories on WHAS11 News