KILLEEN, Texas —
A former Gateway High School teacher's aide was arrested for an improper relationship with a student Tuesday, according to the Killeen Police Department.
Arrest records said a Killeen Independent School District employee reported Louisa Theresa Hernandez, 37, had engaged in an improper relationship with a student while she was working as a teacher's aide in the 2018-2019 school year.
The report was made Aug. 29.
Hernandez initially gave rides to the student before she started communicating with him on Instagram, arrest records said.
The arrest affidavit said Hernandez admitted in an interview the victim performed sexual acts on her using his hands. The victim corroborated Hernandez's story and said she had performed sexual acts on him as well.
"All sexual contact was with intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of suspect or victim," the arrest affidavit read.
In June of 2019, the student's mother saw Hernandez hug the student, records said. This is believed to be the last instance where Hernandez made in-person contact with the student.
The Hernandez was arrested and charged with an improper relationship between educator and student. She was taken to the Killeen City Jail.
KISD suspended Hernandez after learning about the allegations, and she has since been fired.
Hernandez was first hired in 2017 as an aide but left briefly before returning in January 2019.
“We are working closely with Killeen police in this matter, and if the allegations prove true, we will support the strongest possible legal action against this employee,” Superintendent John Craft said.
Popular on KCENTV.com:
- New Zealand police open criminal probe into volcano deaths
- Killeen queen Rose short sings coaches to tears on ‘The Voice’
- Jersey City shooting: 1 officer killed, 'multiple' people dead inside bodega
- New Braunfels Police lieutenant arrested on charges of Possession of Child Pornography
- TPD officer accused of shooting man in head, killing him identified
- VERIFY: What articles of impeachment mean and what comes next
- Florida's governor wants high school students to know as much about civics as new citizens
- Central Texas Forecast: Rain and cold throughout Tuesday