TEMPLE, Texas — The Hot Summer Sounds Concert scheduled for Friday, June 4th, has been postponed due to inclement weather. This concert, featuring 80's Obsession, has been rescheduled for Friday, August 6th. It will still take place from 7:30 - 9:30 p.m. at Miller Park.
The 23rd Annual Hot Summer Sounds Concert Series was put on hold last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Temple Parks and Recreation is partnering with Scott and White Health Plan to put on the series going on at different parks around Temple.
"We can't wait to kick off the summer with an exciting lineup of talented artists," City of Temple Senior Special Events Coordinator Holly Leiferman said. "After taking a break last year, we're ready to hear some live music again in Temple parks."
The series will now begin June 11th at 7:30 p.m. at Miller Park.
Here are the other acts coming to Temple throughout the summer:
- June 11: The Blues Posse at Miller Park
- June 18: Landon Heights at West Temple Park
- June 25: Tejano Storm Band at West Temple Park
- July 9: The Selfless Lovers at Santa Fe Plaza
- July 16: Clint Allen Janisch Band at Santa Fe Plaza
- July 23: Hair Metal Giants and Lion Sam Farrow Amphitheater
- July 30: Wayworn Traveler at Lion Sam Farrow Amphitheater
Concerts are free and open to the public and registration is not required. Picnic baskets, blankets and leashed pets are welcome. Glass containers are not allowed. The city said food vendors will be on site. Concerts are subject to cancelation or rescheduling due to inclement weather.
Learn more about the bands coming to Temple by visiting the parks and recreation department website.