KILLEEN, Texas — Like any other family, Tanisha Hill and her daughter Taneicia were looking forward to the holidays.

Then, disaster struck.

A fire broke out at the Hill home on Gray Street Sunday afternoon. Within minutes, Hill said the home was engulfed in flames. The pair and their pets made it out in time, but Hill said they didn't escape with anything else.

Hill said the two closest fire hydrants firefighters tried to use were out of service, so they had to locate a third one that was almost a block away. When Channel 6 reporter Emani Payne went to the scene today, the hydrants closest to the house were still covered and out of service.

The Killeen Fire Department has not responded to Payne's request for comment yet.

Hill said she and her daughter moved in the home seven months ago, and they were looking forward to creating memories in the house for years to come.

"I'm still in disbelief, shock, just wondering how we're gonna be able to bounce back from all this being a single parent," Hill said.

The Red Cross gave the Hills money for a hotel, but that only lasted a few days and they have to check out by noon on Saturday, Hill said.

She said they have nothing and nowhere to go.

The family set up a GoFundMe page to help them get back on their feet.

"I know it's around the holidays, so everyone is already strapped for cash," Hill said. "We're just trying to make it, that's all."

If you're interested in finding a way to help, you can contact the Hills at 312-415-5193 or 312-520-8671.