KILLEEN, Texas — Killeen police are asking for the public's help after a deadly hit-and-run Friday night.
According to the Killeen Police Department, 27-year-old Christopher Rivers Jr. was walking on Twin Creek Dr. when he was hit by a northbound green Chevy or GMC style pickup.
Officers were dispatched a little before 12 a.m. Saturday and found Rivers Jr. lying in the road. He was taken to Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center in critical condition before being flown to Baylor Scott and White in Temple.
By the time officers arrived on scene, the suspect was gone.
KPD said Rivers Jr. died from his injuries. He was pronounced dead at 5:16 Saturday afternoon.
Detectives with the KPD traffic unit are asking anyone who may have seen the hit-and-run or have information about the crime to contact Bell County Crime Stoppers.
Tips leading to an arrest are eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000.
POPULAR ON KCENTV.COM:
- Possible human remains found near Temple funeral home
- NFL legend Terry Bradshaw’s Red River ranch is back on the market
- Community holds benefit for Riesel police chief after hospital release
- Funeral arrangements for Alexis Crawford, slain Clark Atlanta student, announced
- Who is Barron Brantley - the man accused of killing Alexis Crawford