TEXAS, USA — Fire stations across Central Texas were lit up in red over the weekend to honor firefighters who have died in the line of duty.
The lights were part of the national "Light the Night" movement.
As stations across America remembered the firefighters who gave everything to keep their communities safe, the Waco Fire Department had each of its 13 stations shining red. The Harker Heights Fire Department also participated.
Fire officials said they hope the lights will remind people to stop and remember the firefighters who gave everything.
POPULAR ON KCENTV.COM:
- Central Texas Spotlight: Singer gets international recognition with new song
- Slain witness in Amber Guyger murder trial was prior victim of gun violence, sources say
- Deputy saves suspect after high speed chase ends with car in lake, officials say
- Whataburger unveils 'Breakfast Burger' for a limited time
- Several injured after utility explosions near Oktoberfest in Los Angeles suburb