KILLEEN, Texas — A motorcyclist was airlifted to Baylor Scott and White in critical yet stable condition following a collision with a gray Ford Focus Sunday evening.
The collision happened at the intersection of Ft. Hood Street and Elms Road shortly before 6 p.m. A preliminary investigation by police found that the black motorcycle was traveling southbound in the inside lane of Ft. Hood Street entering the intersection of Elms Road while the light was green. While driving through the intersection, the gray car in the center turning lane facing northbound failed to yield right of way and turned left in from of the motorcycle, leading to the collision. The gray car reportedly had a turn signal on.
The motorcyclist was airlifted to the hospital while the driver of the Ford Focus reported no injuries.
Also on KCENTV.com
- Boy identified after drowning near Crystal Beach
- Central Texas COVID-19 Live Updates | Free drive-thru virus testing event in Copperas Cove May 4
- China hid coronavirus' severity to hoard supplies, DHS report says
- HPD pilot Chase Cormier asks community to support family of comrade killed in helicopter crash, mayor says
- SC woman accused of licking hands, touching food in grocery store arrested