COPPERAS COVE, Texas —
Copperas Cove Police Department is investigating a fatal hit-and-run that happened Monday morning.
A 32-year-old William Devauri Ames was killed in the crash.
The police and fire departments went to the scene at South 7th St. and Urbantke Ln. intersection after reports that a vehicle hit someone.
Investigators said a vehicle hit a pedestrian and left the scene. Detectives found the suspect’s vehicle.
The driver, Lance Tyler Anderson, was found, arrested and charged with an accident involving personal injury or death, according to the Copperas Cove PD.
On Jan. 14, Judge William Price arraigned Lance and issued a $100,000 surety bond, according to the Copperas Cove PD.
Popular on KCENTV.com:
- Student with knife forces lockdown at Copperas Cove High School
- 'One of the WORST centers in Killeen' | Mom outraged after finding son with dirty diaper and snot-covered face at Just for Tots day care in Killeen
- Three suspects arrested in the attempted theft of a Harker Heights ATM
- Fight inside ‘Club Krush’ in Harker Heights leads to assault with shots fired Sunday
- Chick-fil-A giving away free chicken nuggets all month