TEMPLE, Texas — Editor's note: The video above is from a May 19, 2020 morning newscast.
The Central Texas Veterans Health Care System and Carter Blood Care are hosting a blood drive June 3 to help address blood shortages in the blood inventory.
The blood drive will be June 3 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Olin E. Teague Veterans' Medical Center, 1902 Veterans Memorial Drive in Temple. The Carter Blood Care bus will at the medical center, set up next to Teague Hospital Building 204.
CDC social distancing guidelines will be followed, so those looking to donate can schedule an appointment online or by calling Adele Warner at 254-743-0520. Donors will be screened at the Avenue U gate, are required to wear a face covering while on the medical center campus and can let those screening know they are there to donate blood. No on under the age of 18, including infants, are allowed.
The blood drive is open to all veterans, employees and the general public.
Also on KCENTV.com
- Gov. Greg Abbott suspends in-person visitations at county, municipal jails
- Family of missing Fort Hood soldier to hold peaceful protest Friday afternoon
- Ascension Providence first Central Texas hospital using robotic tool fighting lung cancer
- FBI identifies Adam Asahli as shooter at NAS-Corpus Christi, 2nd suspect still at large after raid at southside home
- Trump tells governors to let houses of worship open 'right now'