WACO, Texas — The Texas Department of Transportation will host a public meeting to discuss possible construction on SH 6 from FM 185 to Spur 412 in Waco.
The meeting will be at Tucker Hall in Waco from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
TxDOT said the meeting will be open house format with no normal presentation. It will also be an opportunity for community members to view and comment on engineering plans.
Construction plans include widening the section of highway to include two full lanes in each direction with a two-way left turn lane, bringing it to five lanes.
TxDOT also plans to relocate and lengthen the Spur 412 exit ramp and adding more drainage structures.
The department said the construction will enhance safety and mobility in the area.
Anyone who isn't able to make it to the meeting in person can learn more about the project online.
Comments can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to SH 6 Waco Improvements, c/o CD&P, PO Box 5459. Austin, TX 78763.
POPULAR ON KCENTV.COM:
- 73rd annual Temple Christmas Parade kicks off the Holidays Monday
- Central Texas Spotlight: New Bell County organization combats sex trafficking
- 2 children found dead after vehicle was swept up in Arizona creek
- Officials: Three dead after small plane crashes near San Antonio airport
- ‘Frozen 2’ ices competition again with record Thanksgiving