KILLEEN, Texas — A body was found in the Priest Dr. area Wednesday, according to the Killeen Police Department.
Police said someone found the man's body while walking in Nolan Creek around 3:15 p.m.
The body was not immediately identifiable, and it was not clear how long it had been in the creek.
On Thursday, KPD said the body had been identified as 43-year-old Nathan Erick Nance, the suspected gunman in a random shooting that happened just blocks away from where the body was found.
Police said around 6:45 a.m. Oct. 10 multiple callers reported the gunman running and shooting at random in the 600 block of W. Hallmark.
The body was sent for autopsy to determine the cause of death.
The Killeen Fire Department helped pull the body from the creek. The scene started to clear around 5:50 p.m.
POPULAR ON KCENTV.COM:
- ‘Odor of decay’ in Temple home where 2 toddlers died, arrest affidavit says
- Report: Claiborne County caretaker brutally beat woman and killed, severely mutilated dogs and cats
- Egypt says archaeologists uncovered 20 ancient coffins
- Woman killed, suspect shot at home of 'Tarzan' star Ron Ely
- Deputy dies, police chief's condition 'not very bright' after they were hit on Hwy. 6
- Colorado woman indicted in alleged scheme to sell 3 human fetuses over the internet