If you plan on voting in the May 5 election, the last day to register is April 5.
Here is what you need to know.
How to register?
To register to vote in your county, click here.
The following criteria must be met to register to vote:
- You must be a U.S. citizen
- You must be a resident of the county where you register
- You must be at least 17 years and 10 months old and be turning 18-years-old by election day
- You cannot be a convicted felon (you may be eligible to vote if you have completed your sentence, probation, and parole)
- You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote
You may go to your local elections office to fill out a voter registration application, which may also be available at libraries, DPS offices and Texas Department of Human Services offices. You may also contact your local elections office to receive an application by mail.
Not sure if you’re registered? Click here to find out.