WACO, Texas — The Baylor Bears men's basketball team has earned a number three seed in the NCAA Tournament.
This puts them in the South region and they'll face UC Santa Barbara in the Round of 64. Their game tips off at 1:30 p.m. on Friday on TNT.
Baylor ducked out of the Big 12 Tournament with a loss to Iowa State where rebounding was a key issue. The only positive, in Scott Drew's eyes, is that the team was able to get an extra day of rest before the NCAA Tournament.
Langston Love has been dealing with an eye injury since February 27 and has missed the last two games. During the Iowa State game, Adam Flagler left the court with what appeared to be an ankle injury, but did return to the game. Dale Bonner also looked to be hit in the face but stayed in the game. A few extra days of rest should serve the Bears well.
The Bears were looking to bounce back from a Round of 32 exit from 2022 when the North Carolina Tar Heels bounced the Bears from the tournament in major upset fashion.
After scoring just 42 points in the first 30 minutes of regulation, Baylor tied the record for the largest NCAA Tournament comeback with 38 points in the final 10 minutes to tie the game at 80 and send it to overtime. The Tar Heels had more steam and sent the Bears packing early as they tried to defend their National Title.
Drew has led Baylor to 10 NCAA Tournament appearances, five Sweet 16 berths, three trips to the Elite Eight and the 2021 National Championship.
According to the NCAA,
The complete men's 2023 March Madness tournament schedule dates and locations are:
- First Four: March 14-15 on truTV (Games begin at 6:40 p.m.)
- First round: March 16-17 on CBS, truTV, TBS and TNT (Games begin at 12:15 p.m.)
- Second round: March 18-19 on CBS, truTV, TBS and TNT (Games begin at 12:10 p.m.)
- Sweet 16: March 23-24 on CBS and TBS (Games begin at 6:30 p.m.)
- Elite Eight: March 25-26 on CBS and TBS (First Saturday game begins at 6:09 p.m. First Sunday game starts at 2:20 p.m.)
- Final Four: April 1 on CBS (First game at 6:09 p.m.)
- NCAA championship game: April 3 on CBS (Game starts at 9:20 p.m.)