MINNEAPOLIS — The 2019 NCAA men's basketball tournament wraps up Monday night as Virginia plays Texas Tech.
It's the first time either school has reached the national championship game.
Both teams are among the best defensively in the nation. Virginia allows only 55.5 points per game, which ranks first in the country. Texas Tech ranks third, allowing 58.8 points per game.
Virginia stunned Auburn 63-62 on Saturday when Kyle Guy sank three free throws with 0.6 seconds left after a late foul call. Then Texas Tech beat Michigan State 61-51, buoyed by 22 points from Matt Mooney and bolstered by coach Chris Beard's smothering defensive approach.
A year after becoming the first No. 1 seed to lose to a No. 16, the top-seeded Cavaliers are a win away from a national championship.
Oddsmakers list Virginia as a one-point favorite and the over/under sits at 119 total points.
Tipoff: 9:20 p.m. ET Monday
TV: WTSP and other CBS affiliates nationwide will broadcast the game
Site: U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis
Note: The Associated Press contributed to this story.
What other people are reading right now:
- Florida researchers remove nearly 20-foot-long snake from nature preserve
- Detention deputy fired after slamming inmate to the ground, investigators say
- As 13 people hung on the roof or were inside an SUV, it crashed, killing 1
- They were planning a baby shower. Now they're planning 3 funerals.
- SpaceX's Falcon Heavy set to blast off this week
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.
Have a news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our Facebook page or Twitter feed.