WACO, Texas —
The Waco Home Depot, located at 1803 I-35, is hosting a College GameDay store event Friday.
There will be two contests where fans can try to win backstage passes to ESPN College GameDay, a $500 Home Depot gift card, or tickets to the Oklahoma vs. Baylor game.
1.) Create the best team sign in the Sign Making Contest
- Fans can make their best GameDay sign from 4:00 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. Afterwards, the signs will be judged by a variety of on-site judges. One person will be declared the winner.
2.) Beat the competition in the Cornhole Challenge
From 4:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m., fans will have unlimited opportunities to try and make one of four bean bags into the hole of a cornhole board to advance to the 2nd round. The 2nd round will begin at 5:00 p.m. All those who have advanced will now only have one opportunity to make at least one of four bean bags into the hole of a cornhole board at a distance of 24 feet. Failure to make a bag in the hole will eliminate you from competition. Successful attempts will advance you to the next round. This process will continue until there are only two contestants remaining. Those two contestants will face off in a full cornhole game to 21 points to determine the winner.
The first place winner from the cornhole competition will receive two backstage passes to College GameDay the following morning.
The first place winner from the sign making competition will receive two tickets to the Oklahoma/Baylor game.
There will also be a raffle for a $500 Home Depot gift card.
Guests can visit vendor tents, see product demonstrations, play games, see the GameDay bus, & win prizes.
Popular on KCENTV.com:
- Snapshot Day: Central Texas high schools turn enrollment in for realignment
- 13-year-old tells HPD he was raped at NE Houston park
- Fathom goes out of business, ends contract with Copperas Cove after long list of issues
- 93-year-old WWII veteran walks up to 6 miles every morning
- Newborns dressed like Mister Rogers as his wife visits Pittsburgh hospital