TEMPLE, Texas — Susan Cornette is a health coach and personal trainer based out of Central Texas. On Wednesday, she joined the KCEN Channel 6 5 p.m. newscast to share her healthy take on chicken salad.
If you want to train with Cornette, check out her website.
Susan Cornette’s Healthy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ready in 20 minutes
- Serves 6 people
- One all natural rotisserie chicken (cooked) or 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- Two celery stalks, diced
- Two cups red grapes, halved
- ¼ small red onion, diced
- One 6 oz bag slivered almonds
- Three to four tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- One lime
- One tablespoon Paleo Powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder (optional)
- Optional: spring mix salad to serve over
- Carefully remove skin and debone rotisserie chicken and add to large mixing bowl.
- Toast slivered almonds on a cookie sheet in oven at 350 degrees until browned (about 8 minutes).
- Add all ingredients to bowl, stir.
- Serve over mixed greens.