COPPERAS COVE, Texas — The Copperas Cove Fire Department battled a fire in neighborhood after an explosion Tuesday, Deputy Chief Gary Young said.
The explosion caused a fire to quickly spread through the house in the 600 block of Judy Lane. No other homes were damaged.
A neighbor said she heard a loud explosion and then a lot of smoke just before noon.
Young said when fire crews arrived the victim was standing in the street. The person was taken to Baylor, Scott & White Medical Center.
Copperas Cove police posted to Facebook the explosion was an isolated incident and not related to natural gas.
Young said the house was destroyed.
The Fort Hood fire department also sent crews to help battle the fire.
Coronavirus in Central Texas: