HEWITT, Texas —
In an email to Midway Middle School parents the principal informed parents that a student riding a bike was hit by a car.
The email said, “Many of you may have noticed the police cars and the ambulance on Hewitt Drive this afternoon shortly after school was dismissed.”
The student was on a bike on Hewitt Drive when they got hit. The Hewitt Police Department and EMS Paramedics responded immediately and determined that the student was fine.
“Parents were notified and our student has gone home for the weekend,” Principal Cox said in the email. “Please take just a moment to reinforce to your students who may walk to or from school, or ride their bikes, to exercise caution at every opportunity.”
Popular on KCENTV.com:
- Dr. Pepper gives Baylor student $100,000 in tuition during halftime show
- Police: St. Paul porch pirate takes package, leaves 'thank you' note
- No. 1 Baylor makes history with Sweet 16 win
- Police searching for missing Austin mother and her 2-week-old baby girl
- President Trump accuses Democrats of 'trivializing impeachment'