TEMPLE, Texas — Temple police are investigating after bones were found Friday afternoon.
According to the Temple Police Department, a caller found the partial skeletal remains near the 1600 block of S. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. around 1:45 p.m.
The caller found the bones in a wooded area behind W.H. Littles and Sons Mortuary and near a water tower.
An initial investigation indicated the remains were human, but further investigation will be needed to confirm that, TPD said.
This is a developing story that will be updated as details become available.
POPULAR ON KCENTV.COM:
- Dogs are dying face-first in snack bags: What pet owners need to know
- 'Sick & Twisted': EMS dark humor page exposed
- John Legend, Kelly Clarkson release 'Baby, It's Cold Outside' remake
- CDC confirms vitamin E acetate possibly linked to vaping illness outbreak
- Temple woman, man arrested after 9 pounds of marijuana, $24K found during investigation